Although everyone loves keyboard shortcuts, Excel mouse tips can also help you save time.
Here are 10 of the most popular Excel mouse tips you’ll want to start using today.
1. Double click to autofit multiple columns widths and row heights
Select the row(s) to adjust
Select the column(s) to adjust
2. Quickly copy formulas to multiple cells with the Fill Handle
3. Edit cell entries instantly with double click
4. Easily convert formulas to values
- Select a range of cells and use the right mouse button to click the border.
- Keep the right mouse button pressed, and drag one row to the right and drag back to the original position.
- Release the right mouse button and select ‘Copy here as values only’.
5. Double click any cell border to jump in that direction to the last cell in the range
6. Apply formatting to multiple cells with one quick double click
- Select the cell with the formatting to copy.
- Double-click the Format Painter.
- Apply the formatting to multiple cells without having to repeatedly click the Format Painter button.
- When the formatting is complete, press ESC to release the Format Painter.
7. Use the Fill Handle to create series of numbers, dates, days of the week, and so much more
- Use the left mouse button to drag the Fill Handle to create a series.
- Right click and drag the Fill Handle to display the Fill menu options.
8. Right click to display a list of all worksheets in a multi-sheet workbook
9. Rename a worksheet with a quick double click
10. Access a chart’s format options in no time
Double click the chart border to open the Chart Formatting pane.