We all love to save time.
And it has been proven, the quickest way to improve your speed when working on a computer is to use keyboard shortcuts.
In the 10 Excel keyboard shortcuts everyone should know post I shared 10 of the most popular Excel keyboard shortcuts.
Here are 10 more Excel shortcuts to add to your collection and help you become an Excel rock star.
Quickly select cell ranges
- Press CTRL + SHIFT + any arrow key to highlight a cell range
Highlight all cells in a range instantly
2. Press CTRL + * to select all cells in a range
Swiftly select one or multiple rows/columns
3. Press SHIFT + Spacebar to select one or multiple rows
Press CTRL + Spacebar to select one or multiple columns
Insert or Delete row(s) / column(s) in a snap
4. Select the row(s) / column(s), then press CTRL + + to insert one or more rows or columns
Select the row(s) / column(s), then, press CTRL + – to delete one or more rows or columns
Discover how to copy a formula to multiple cells at once
5. Hold CTRL to select multiple cells; enter the formula, and press CTRL + ENTER
TAB to select a function
6. Start typing the function. When the desired function is highlighted in blue, press TAB to select the function
Switch between cell values/formulas in a flash
7. Press CTRL + ~ to display all the worksheet’s formulas and again to switch back to cell values
Repeat your last move with one keystroke
8. Press F4 to repeat an action, e.g. formatting
Switch filters on/off instantly
9. Press CTRL + SHIFT + L to turn filter arrows on/off
Quickly insert a new worksheet
10. Press SHIFT + F11 to insert a new worksheet before the selected tab